- Editorial in Patient: Giving patients’ preferences a voice in medical treatment life cycle 2017-03-16
- New research initiative on patient preferences 2016-11-16
- ETHICS BLOG: How to listen to (the right) patient voices? 2016-10-25
- Giving patients a voice in drug development 2016-10-18
- Value in Health publishes theme section on patient preferences 2016-10-05
- PREFER kick-off 27-28 October 2016-09-30
- HTA and Payers Stakeholder Advisory Group formed 2016-09-02
- Patient advisory group formed 2016-09-01
We are developing evidence-based recommendations to guide industry, regulatory authorities, HTA bodies, reimbursement agencies, and health care professionals. We start with work to assess methodologies. After that, we test them in clinical case studies. This work will be the basis for the recommendations we make.
Together with stakeholders
PREFER is a public-private partnership with collaboration at every level, making sure we get more than one perspective on everything we do. We have stakeholder partners from Health Technology Assessment bodies and patient organisations. We are also working closely with regulators to ensure recommendations are evidence based, relevant and useful.
Finding out what patients prefer
Patient Preferences in Benefit-Risk Assessments during the Drug Life Cycle (PREFER) is a five year public-private research project where academic researchers and the pharmaceutical industry work together to find out when and where patients want, can and should be involved in drug development.
We are looking forward to sharing our findings with you!
Mats G. Hansson, Uppsala University, Coordinator
Conny Berlin, Novartis, Project Leader
Innovative Medicines Initiative
PREFER is funded by the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI): a part of the EU Horizon 2020 Programme.
The academic research in PREFER is funded by Horizon 2020: the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.
The pharmaceutical industry contributes equally to the PREFER project. Industry input to the IMI programme is organised by EFPIA.